Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Haiti

The earthquake in Haiti was about a month ago and the story isn't the top headline anymore. However, I am addicted to this blog and continue to follow what is going on in Haiti. Troy and Tara are friends of my college roommate, Nikki. I think we might have met at Nikki and Erik's wedding, but I'm not sure. They have adopted several Haitian kids and inspired Nikki to do the same. Several years ago they left Minnesota and now live in Haiti doing missionary/social work/service etc. I'm fairly certain (well, 100% certain) that I will never adopt a child from Haiti or another Third World country, but I know there are so many families who feel called by God to do this. Anyway, check out the blog and the awesome pictures that they include. Pray for their ministry in Haiti and for the thousands of hurting people who are struggling each and every day.

No comments: